Featuring TÉLIO’s Sandro Tweed, style # 63091-01
(recipe for 2)
2 cups of sushi rice
¼ cup of rice vinegar
1 tbsp of mirin
1 tbsp of brown sugar
½ tsp of salt
¼ cup of soy sauce
2 tbsp of mirin
1 tsp of wasabi
1 lb (454 g) of very fresh salmon, cut thin (similar to smoke salmon)
2 tsp grilled sesame seeds
4 green onions, sliced thin
¼ cup marinated ginger (optional)
1 nori sheet, chopped
1. Cook sushi rice as per indicated by manufacturer.
2. In a small pot, heat the vinegar, mirin, brown sugar and salt. Stir until the solids have dissolved. Poor the vinegar mix in the cooked rice and mix well.
3. Spread the rice on a cookie sheet and stir delicately in order to air out the rice. Cover with plastic wrap and let cool slightly. (10-15 minutes)
4. In a bowl, mix the soy sauce, the mirin and the wasabi. Add the fish and mix well.
5. Divide the rice into 4 bowls and lay the salmon on top of the rice. Garnish with sesame seeds, green onions, ginger, nori and a bit of wasabi.